Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR)
Used to go to this restaurant several times before Pandemic, and after so many new places have opened in the city, I stopped going. Wrong decision! This restaurant continues to be GREAT! Casual/chic fun vibe, romantic and mystic decor, very nice staff and crazy to dance and perform some entertainment in the place, but the food....the food is the best! very tasty, great value for money, great ambience, round tables available what gives you a great opportunity to interact with your group, a terrace available if you don't feel staying indoors and you can enjoy drinks by the bar where you can overlook all the barmaids stunts.
The Maine - The DoubleTree by Hilton, JBR
- Mushroom and Truffle Pizza - we shared with everyone
- Chargrilled octopus - tasty!
- Burrata - very Yummy!
- Beef Tartare: not so good :( and normally I love this dish.
- Angry Lobster Pasta - a MUST try. It's Devine! Tip, request less tomato sauce, otherwise it will be very empowering the flavor.
- Steak frites - for meat lovers.
- Whole salted baked Sea bass - for fish lovers.
Dessert - soft baked cookie - it's huge, you can perfectly share it and it's delicious. I'm not a very desserts person but when I like, I definitely like :)
Note: Looking forward to try the brunch here!
Cuisine: Brasserie, Seafood
(JBR has always so much traffic, it's a nightmare to go somewhere in the evenings)
Value for money: 8/10
Entertainment: 8/10 (On Wednesdays is great, the other days is more quiet)
Parking: Valet parking
Note: the only downside of the location is the madness of the traffic in JBR, specially if you are going on the weekends but, at this moment there is more traffic everywhere in Dubai.
Venue Review Classification: 8.3/10